NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that Tom - and you know, I have my own issues with that as well. But at the end of the day - I go to see the Beetles and the people I know. I don't go because it's executed wonderfully .....

It's a fun trip for me - and this will be the last time I can go. So I figured I should make use of it while I can. :)

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Hmm.. dare I ask why there is bitter blood?

I'd like to attend this, but getting a week or more of lined up vacation is going to be the tricky part. Sadly, I'll likely pass. I'd more than love to go, as I've never been in a more than 3 beetle caravan before going to any show or event in my life. I also like the comradery that is formed by those traveling in the caravan.

·
Caliente!
597 Posts
I will be going. I have been the last 2 years and enjoyed both trips. The first year I went out of my way just to connect up with the Houston caravan to have the whole caravan experience. If you have never done that, I highly recommend it! I know there is a lot of bad blood with David but he isn't the reason that we go to the show. The show is all about the NB / NBC owners and one of the few opportunities we have to meet up with other beetle peeps that we talk to on the Org. I hope that your feelings toward David do not hold you back from having a great time.

·
Silverpodgirl
95 Posts
Roswell from Northern Calif.

I have never gone, but would really like to. Is anyone planning on going from Northern California?

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
As I have every other year, I'll wait until a few weeks before to commit. But count on my being there! I might even be able to join in the Central! Caravan again. I sure hope so! That really is a high point of the trip, though I love the show stuff, too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I may go . . .

. . . but not so sure. I went a couple of years ago for the 5th anniversary and there were opportunities missed by David that would have made the R2K experience more eventful than the unveiling of the Satellite.

The Herbie thing was pretty cool and Dean Jones was pretty down to earth . . . but it could have been better had David allowed some sort of community involvement other than just showing up.

GD

p.s.
Silverpodgirl, I live in Salinas. If I do end up going, we can meet up and catch the SoCal carabug!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am planning on going this year. It will be the third year for me. I will be cruising with the Houston caravan again.

William
Slick 01 Red GLS

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Bummer. Got a New Beetle in November, was looking forward to going to Roswell for the first time. But it's scheduled the same weekend that our exchange daughter goes back to India. So, we'll be crying at the airport while you guys are cruising down main street. Wish we could join you, but there's always next year.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone else planning to attend? I'm really interested in going ... but it seems maybe participation isn't what it once was? Last time I checked the website hadn't been updated with info either.

My first year (2003) seems like the last year I can recall there being a lot of dicussion about the event. :(

Is anyone from the east coast attending? And maybe might be interested in carabugging home together?

·
So over it!
8,050 Posts
I have always wanted to go, but I dont think I can drive that far.. My rear becomes numb after about 4 hours of driving!!

Anyone going to fly down there?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really, really hope to be there. I have the time off work but if the wife doesn't, I might not make it. I'll see what I can work out, maybe a one day trip?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts