NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the atlas skidplate on my tdi, will the neuspeed front sway bar also fit?

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Above. The "lower tie bars" are the one that don't fit. I ran an old school Evolution Imports skid plate and a Neuspeed front sway for years. The front sway bar fits in the stock location everywhere but the axle "hoops" which extend higher to accommodate a more extreme axle angle in lowered cars.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Above. The "lower tie bars" are the one that don't fit. I ran an old school Evolution Imports skid plate and a Neuspeed front sway for years. The front sway bar fits in the stock location everywhere but the axle "hoops" which extend higher to accommodate a more extreme axle angle in lowered cars.
Fantastic, cant wait to combine them then:D

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Make sure you put in a beefy rear sway too. I put the front sway in first and got a pile of unwanted understeer. They're made to work as a set.

If you just want axle clearance just cut the OEM one out and forget about it. An aluminum skid plate stiffens up the front end enough that I can't even tell I'm running without one.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure you put in a beefy rear sway too. I put the front sway in first and got a pile of unwanted understeer. They're made to work as a set.

If you just want axle clearance just cut the OEM one out and forget about it. An aluminum skid plate stiffens up the front end enough that I can't even tell I'm running without one.
The "plan" is to do both 25mm but i wanted to do the front first. I didnt even think that the skid plate would also help out. good info thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts