NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there suppose to be caps that go over the buttons for the floor mats in a 2000 Beetle? My floor mats never stay in place. The buttons on the floor are there but there must be somthing that pops over it to keep the mat where it's suppose to be.

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
I have factory mats, and they have a little round 'hole' under them that fit perfectly onto the peg that's on the bottom floorboard of my driver and passenger side. Here are two pics from my Bug... Pic 1 is the top of my floor mat....showing you the little button I'm talking about. The second picture is the bottom of my floorboard - and this is the little peg onto which my floormat fits perfectly.

Hope this helps. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! :) I am missing the top cap. I will have to see if I can get a set either on ebay or from the dealer. I thought there had to be something else there to hold the mat in place.

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
I'm glad I was able to help! :) I am sure you can find some mats on eBay or post something in the classifieds here on the forum for 'WTB' and the color you need, and maybe someone parting out their Beetle can make you a great deal! :) Now mine are what is called round, but there's also an oval shape so be sure to get the right one for your bug. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts