VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2006 2.5L automatic new beetle about a month ago. I began to notice a few weeks ago that if I turn on the car to quickly move it, and turn it off before the engine heats up (before the little blue light goes out) that the next time I go to start it, the engine takes a noticeable longer amount of time to actually start up. It always starts up, no light are on the dash, the turning over is not slower or anything- I simply just have to hold the key there for 3-5 seconds longer. I brought it to VW and they could not find anything wrong with the starting of the car. Just curious if anyone has some insight on this- could this lead to an actual much bigger problem or is it just a quirk with the car?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
15,844 Posts
How many miles on the car? It could be a fuel filter that needs replaced; the fuel regulator, is inside the filter on those. Maybe check your fuel pressure; for the heck of it, seem if you are in spec. You might scan the car for trouble codes; see if anything pops up, there many times are codes, even without the CEL being on. If you don't have a vw compatible scanner; get a cheap one from amazon.com the Vgate vs450 for $50. Swap out the fuel filter and see if that helps and then you might test the fuel pressure, see where it is at and see if it can maintain fuel pressure, when it is turn off for 10 minutes. Check out this thread; for 2.5L fuel pressure/pump troubleshooting and testing.

http://newbeetle.org/forums/2-5-liter-gas/85146-what-ignition-parts-can-fail-hot-motor.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I brought it to VW a couple days ago but no error codes showed up. it does have 106k on it so it might be the fuel filter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts