NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I think I'm posting this in the correct section, my apologise if it's wrong. We recently bought a VW Beetle 1.6 petrol 2001 reg and it has been fine. Needs a few bits here and there but otherwise drives great. Today it has started to smoke when pulling away continuing into second gear then disappears. The revs are fine, engine runs smooth. It isn't large clouds of smoke but gets more if I pull away fast. Just wondered if anyone has any ideas. Will check the oil and water again when then engine has filled down.

Oh the smoke is white and.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

·
Registered
13,038 Posts
Here is a good online article to look over: https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/04/what-does-the-smoke-from-my-exhaust-mean-.html

Excessive white smoke; out of the exhaust; with a sweet or odd smell to it, might be something like a blown head gasket. This issues; would require further investigation, into the problem. How many miles on the car and have you noticed; any abnormal consumption of oil or coolant recently? Looking for mixture or contamination of coolant/oil in the cooling system or inside the valve cover/oil filler cap, might indicate a blown head gasket.

If you are seeing these symptoms; a cylinder pressure, combustion leak test of the cooling system or cylinder leak down test, might be a good idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts