NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you all know, i'm a fairly busy guy. i work a lot, so it really grinds my gears (no pun intended as the transmission is shot in the b3 project) when people are like "ewww, i have to work 30 hours this week...how am i going to hang out with my friends?" i'm like, wake the f up you idiot, it's a recession, people would kill for your job right about now! so yeah, i heard someone say that today, and i nearly lost it. i'm clamoring for every hour i get at work, and a lot of times that means i wake up at 5am and don't get home until 1am...after driving 200 miles in a day to get to the meets.

my response basically said in no uncertain terms that if they didn't want to work, i'd be happy to take their hours, and reccomend termination. that started a firestorm, and ended with me being called an insensitive douche because i'm too blunt. i'm blunt because i don't care. if i gotta say something, i'm gonna say it, and if you get butthurt, oh well.

after that whole debacle, i go home, and i'm reading a post on my family's message board. yeah, it's how we communicate because we are all over the country. apparently my stepsister totalled her car driving too fast, and everybody's like "omg, i'm so sorry, what can we do to help?" how about NOTHING...she was being a douche and driving too fast on icy mountains. let her learn from her mistake, she's 29. stop enabling people when they f up, and start telling it how it is. for instance, if you're following too close and cut into someone else's lane...and in the process mess up your car, don't expect sympathy from me or anyone at all. expect to hear what your parents or friends might not say.

i guess i'm just fed up with whiny-ass bitches who get everything and deserve nothing. i'm seriously thinking it should be mandatory for all kids their senior year of high school to work in impoverished communities 15 hours a week. maybe they'd appreciate what they have a little more and whine less.

now, i'm not saying i'm any more deserving than they are, because to be honest, as humans, we all should work for everything and think we deserve nothing. but goddammit, i don't want to hear about how expensive gas is or how mommy and daddy won't pay for your weed habit, or how you don't feel like working 30 hours a week because you won't have time for your friends. i work twice the hours, spend twice as much in gas, and oh yeah, have half the money left over because i have a mortgage. oh, to be young, dumb, and full of cum again.

i won't even get started on some of the higher-ups i deal with; they're even worse.

·
Semi-Lurk Mode: GOOOOO
2,842 Posts
after that whole debacle, i go home, and i'm reading a post on my family's message board. yeah, it's how we communicate because we are all over the country. apparently my stepsister totalled her car driving too fast, and everybody's like "omg, i'm so sorry, what can we do to help?" how about NOTHING...she was being a douche and driving too fast on icy mountains. let her learn from her mistake, she's 29. stop enabling people when they f up, and start telling it how it is. for instance, if you're following too close and cut into someone else's lane...and in the process mess up your car, don't expect sympathy from me or anyone at all. expect to hear what your parents or friends might not say.
Well spoken regarding that thread. The first time I posted up, I just kinda skimmed over it before I wrote what I did. It was only AFTER I reread it that I realized what had happened.

I wanted to say "You suck at driving. If a LINCOLN EFFING NAVIGATOR was able to outbrake you, you were WAY TOO EFFING CLOSE..." but I've been trying to cut back on the attacks on this board. After my squabble and complaining about *ahem* that one person that sells dash covers... *ahem* I felt like I may have been toeing the line a bit. He, too, felt like because he is a Vendor Sponsor of the site, and was making a unique product, he could post as many threads as he wants. How about, you get ONE thread! If people want a dash, they'll seek YOU out! (BTW, those dash covers are NOT high quality pieces of kit. I ordered one and it doesn't even fit right. I'm hoping that the heat settles it down a bit once it warms up)

I hate people.

·
Super Moderator
14,719 Posts
I understand your frustration, Justin. Your stepsister was at fault, and sympathy is not in order. Instead of "Waaa, feel sorry for me", it should be "Thank God I am still alive!"

I no longer complain about my job. I am just thankful I HAVE a job. It is a matter of perception.

A small bit of advice, don't sweat the things you have no control over. It will only make you mad. :wink: This works for me. :p

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand your frustration, Justin. Your stepsister was at fault, and sympathy is not in order. Instead of "Waaa, feel sorry for me", it should be "Thank God I am still alive!"

I no longer complain about my job. I am just thankful I HAVE a job. It is a matter of perception.

A small bit of advice, don't sweat the things you have no control over. It will only make you mad. :wink: This works for me. :p
well said debbie.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
And a wiffle bat to beat the ever loving crap out of the stupid people in the world who just dont get it.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
as you all know, i'm a fairly busy guy. i work a lot, so it really grinds my gears (no pun intended as the transmission is shot in the b3 project) when people are like "ewww, i have to work 30 hours this week...how am i going to hang out with my friends?" i'm like, wake the f up you idiot, it's a recession, people would kill for your job right about now! so yeah, i heard someone say that today, and i nearly lost it. i'm clamoring for every hour i get at work, and a lot of times that means i wake up at 5am and don't get home until 1am...after driving 200 miles in a day to get to the meets.

my response basically said in no uncertain terms that if they didn't want to work, i'd be happy to take their hours, and reccomend termination. that started a firestorm, and ended with me being called an insensitive douche because i'm too blunt. i'm blunt because i don't care. if i gotta say something, i'm gonna say it, and if you get butthurt, oh well.

i guess i'm just fed up with whiny-ass bitches who get everything and deserve nothing. i'm seriously thinking it should be mandatory for all kids their senior year of high school to work in impoverished communities 15 hours a week. maybe they'd appreciate what they have a little more and whine less.

now, i'm not saying i'm any more deserving than they are, because to be honest, as humans, we all should work for everything and think we deserve nothing. but goddammit, i don't want to hear about how expensive gas is or how mommy and daddy won't pay for your weed habit, or how you don't feel like working 30 hours a week because you won't have time for your friends. i work twice the hours, spend twice as much in gas, and oh yeah, have half the money left over because i have a mortgage. oh, to be young, dumb, and full of cum again.

i won't even get started on some of the higher-ups i deal with; they're even worse.

My 1 word response is, decaf;)

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts