VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Auburn Washington and have been having some trouble with the Larson VW Service department in Tacoma. My 03 Cyan/Purple beetle has been occasionally not starting on a warm engine. Larson has replaced the starter, fuse box wiring, ignition switch, other wiring, and we had the battery replaced last summer.

After spending over $1500 on it in the past 3 weeks and no fix, I'm starting to get frustrated.

Where do you take your NB's for service, or does anyone have any great service places with a higher standard for customer service? :)

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I think you have a chromaflair vehicle, which is a limited production color. Very cool, I saw a few of them when I lived in Portland. (Hello, Seattle!)

I do not have a suggestion for you, but I'm hoping this bump will bring it to a local's attention who can suggest a shop for you.

Google suggested this when I searched auburn wa vw performance....
136 Stewart RD SE 3A
Pacific, WA 98047
(206) 834-5287

Most indie mechanics must identify as performance shops to avoid vw legal. I'd call them and feel them out before making a commitment.

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She is indeed a Cyan/Purple chromaflair. I've had her since the beginning and absolutely love her. Talk about treating your car like your child. Sheesh.

thanks for the recommendations. That one off Stewart is right down the street from my house, but I don't know anything about them.

Guess I'll have to check things out. I've always felt a little nervous about taking my Beetle to an independent shop, but I guess she's not brand new anymore so it may not matter. =)

·
Registered
867 Posts
I take mine to a guy in Portland. The trip takes a while, but he always gets everything right the first time and has reasonable pricing.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Independent shops often have to rely on word of mouth recommendations to stay in business.

Dealers have a reputation for screwing over repairs, causing major failures, and pushing replacement vehicles.

Even when new my cars have never gone back to a dealership for service. Too many bad experiences personally, in the family, and read on this forum alone (not to mention the TDI that went 177k miles on a 60k rated timing belt dealer serviced from day one, one owner... "that tick is the wind noise from your roof rack." my arse!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts