NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Yay Yellow
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a stop light and there was a yellow new beetle across the intersection and yellow new new beetle crossing left , so including me that's 3. I would have thought silver would be really common but I never see any :( There's the occasional red or green, a couple blue convertibles and 1 white I saw a few days ago, but mostly I see yellow. Do you think that's the most common or do I only have eyes for yellow?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would agree with the others....silver bugs are everywhere. Around here I see them all over and frequently end up parked near one.

Attachments

·
Yay Yellow
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really? I know silver is very common among cars in general but I just don't see silver beetles around. Come to think of it, when I was looking at ads for a beetle I didn't restrict by color, but in my price/year/mileage criteria I think there were 2 greens, 3 yellows, 1 blue, 1 black and 1 silver in the short list. Guess it's just chance then because I was beginning to think beetles might be mostly yellow. Ha! Shows how much I know.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
I think yellow just stands out more, especially when you drive a yellow one. Maybe that's why you see them the most? It's ok, I drive a yellow one, I'm biased too :D

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Probably silver but everyone has their own opinion b/c people notice different colors. Just because I might happen to see 3 black bugs today does not mean there are more black bugs on the road than any other color.

·
Yay Yellow
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When looking at car-selling sites like Autotrader, Cars.com, or Carsoup, silver is by far the most common color of used NB for sale. But with the 21st Century 12+ models, I see pretty much all the colors except Toffee Brown. Those seem to be rare.
For fun I tried autotrader again today, this time I got:
We found 9 listings within 100 miles of Flint, MI.
You searched for:
Car Type:All Cars
Make/Model:Volkswagen Beetle
Year Range:2000 - 2005
Price Range:$2,500 - $5,500
Seller Type:All Sellers
Modify Search

4 yellow
2 black
3 silver

I'm surprised there are no greens at all this time :( But logically it does stand to reason silver would be the most commonly purchased overall. I'm lucky my best choice at the time was yellow since that is what I wanted. And now that you mention it, counting the variations of blue I have seen more around than I realized.

Yeah, when I was little my older sisters had me yelling "PEANUT!" every time I saw a beetle on the road, now I'm a kooky lifelong beetle watcher. :nblove:

·
Daisy's Mae's Mom
171 Posts
Down here where I live, I see yellow ones EVERYWHERE! I even saw an old man in one the other day and he had a 'dream catcher' hanging from his rear view mirror! Lol! There are a few blue and red verts but that's it. I rarely see any other color but I think yellow does stand out more unless it's like mine which is 'mellow yellow'. That's probably why I bought the daisy magnets for her because the mellow yellow just doesn't stand out like the sunflower yellow does. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts