NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Let The Good Times Roll
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some members from the Southern California New Beetle Club got together this past weekend and cruised along the roads of Santa Clarita and the Ventura coastline of California. Below is the link to my gallery of the cruise, hope you enjoy!

Slideshow of pictures, photos, and videos, from webshots

Let The Good Times Roll,
VW BEATL

·
Let The Good Times Roll
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a solution to everything, lol. Hope you are able to view the slideshow if not link onto the full album and it may let you view the photos that way. Enjoy!

Let The Good Times Roll,
VW BEATL

·
Registered
66 Posts
that looks like fun, do you guys get people reaction when they see all the beetles? am in orange county ca. what do i need or do to join your club?

·
Let The Good Times Roll
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
that looks like fun, do you guys get people reaction when they see all the beetles? am in orange county ca. what do i need or do to join your club?
Hi ramboow, yes we do get a lot of reactions. From people punching each other out, people waving and honking or taking pictures. Sometimes other cars give us the right-a-way just so they can watch our carabug cruise by.
We would love to have you join. Just go to www.socalnewbeetleclub.com and join in on the fun! Hope to meet you soon!:)

Let The Good Times Roll,
VW BEATL

·
Let The Good Times Roll
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey BEETLETHIS we missed you Saturday! Our next carabug is Saturday August 27th. "SilverTurbo", Carolyn is hosting this one up in her neck of the woods. Morro Bay and San Luis Obispo area. Hope you can join us.

Let The Good Times Roll,
VW BEATL

·
Somewerebetween19and22PSI
1,708 Posts
Hey BEETLETHIS we missed you Saturday! Our next carabug is Saturday August 27th. "SilverTurbo", Carolyn is hosting this one up in her neck of the woods. Motto Bay and San Luis Obispo area. Hope you can join us.

Let The Good Times Roll,
VW BEATL
i wont be able to make that one... i got to fix the axles in the beetle...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi ramboow, yes we do get a lot of reactions. From people punching each other out, people waving and honking or taking pictures. Sometimes other cars give us the right-a-way just so they can watch our carabug cruise by.
We would love to have you join. Just go to The SoCal New Beetle Club and join in on the fun! Hope to meet you soon!:)

Let The Good Times Roll,
VW BEATL
Thats awesome, thanks hope soon to meet and ride with you guys

·
Let The Good Times Roll
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He actually had the chromed rims customized. Where at? I have no idea? But Nerbie is a member on the org so maybe you can ask him, he's a really great guy. His member name is Nerbie. Good Luck.

Let The Good Times Roll,
VW BEATL

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Hey guys. Sorry I missed the cruise this past sunday, but it was the anniversary party for my other car club.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
This event makes me very envious.....I'm way up in Wisconsin, so it's not like I could join this club. From the slideshow, I recognized a couple of people who went to Roswell.

I sincerely wish there were other New Beetle-specific clubs elsewhere in the US. If there are, does anybody know? Like near Minneapolis, by chance?

I'm in an all-VW club, but it's just not the same. 90% of the members are die-hard air-cooled people. I also went to my first all water-cooled VW show and felt out of place. I got a trophy for my NB by default (the only NB entered) :D, but this particular show consisted of pimped-out Golfs, Jettas, Audis, etc. Also, everyone was half my age, multiple piercings, tattoos, and horrid music-(Industrial rap?)was being pumped out so loud I couldn't hear myself think.

I really wish I could find some middle-aged New Beetle people up here........:(

·
Let The Good Times Roll
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Great Pictures, Thanks for sharing. I love the Herbie, where did he find those chrome wheels, I really like them.:cool:
I hung out with Nerbie last night and I asked him about his chromed rims. He said he had them custom made. He bought inverted rims had them chromed then had the lug nut holes drilled into the rims for his specified year of NB. Then he got four baby moon caps and had them fitted onto each rim. Estimated cost around $950-$1,000 for all four rims. Now I did have a few drinks as he was telling me all this info so this is as good as I can recall, lol. But like I said before he is a member on the org, so you can get in contact with him too, good luck.

Let The Good Times Roll,
VW BEATL

·
Let The Good Times Roll
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So glad you were able to view the pixs! And you have me pegged right with the photos. I've been trying to take more photos of fellow club members too. I used to take photos of just the New Beetles and the scenery and my friends were talling me "Are there people driving these New Beetles?" So I'm trying to take more photos of the SoCal members too. I still think I need more work on this though, lol. Well, can't wait for the next gtg cruise. I love spending time with fellow New Beetle lovers.

Let The Good Times Roll,
VW BEATL

Attachments

·
Let The Good Times Roll
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys. Sorry I missed the cruise this past sunday, but it was the anniversary party for my other car club.
We missed you too Frank but the important thing is you still had a party! Hope you had a great time! See you for Toy Jam 10, WOW, 10! If not sooner, hopefully it will be sooner. Take care.:D

Let The Good Times Roll,
VW BEATL

·
Let The Good Times Roll
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i wont be able to make that one... i got to fix the axles in the beetle...
:(Bummer..., but fixing your NB comes first, so hope to see you next time. Do NOT miss ToyJam 10 on October 8th, that is the one NOT to miss. So we hope to see you and your awesome NB there, it's a lot of fun, it's the ultimate of carabug cruises.:cool:

Let The Good Times Roll,
VW BEATL

·
Let The Good Times Roll
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This event makes me very envious.....I'm way up in Wisconsin, so it's not like I could join this club. From the slideshow, I recognized a couple of people who went to Roswell.

I sincerely wish there were other New Beetle-specific clubs elsewhere in the US. If there are, does anybody know? Like near Minneapolis, by chance?

I'm in an all-VW club, but it's just not the same. 90% of the members are die-hard air-cooled people. I also went to my first all water-cooled VW show and felt out of place. I got a trophy for my NB by default (the only NB entered) :D, but this particular show consisted of pimped-out Golfs, Jettas, Audis, etc. Also, everyone was half my age, multiple piercings, tattoos, and horrid music-(Industrial rap?)was being pumped out so loud I couldn't hear myself think.

I really wish I could find some middle-aged New Beetle people up here........:(
OMG, I felt like crying after reading this. So sorry for your situation. I know just how you feel. I went through the same thing when I first got my NB. When I would enter a VW show I would be the only NB and when I wanted to join a club I could only find "die-hard air-cooled" owners too. They said they accepted me but I can feel they didn't, they would only talk to me when we talked about old bugs. But finally I googled New Beetle clubs and found the SoCal New Beetle Club and now they are like a second family to me. I love it and have a blast. I hope someday you find your second family and make some wonderful memories with them as you cruise in your NBs. Let me know.;)

Let The Good Times Roll,
VW BEATL

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Thanks for the sympathetic response.:)I've felt this way ever since my maiden voyage to Roswell this past June. There were only 37 New Beetles there, but the people were awesome and for the first time since I came into the VW scene, I felt like I was part of a very close-knit family.

I had a 1969 air-cooled Beetle from 2003-2009, but it broke down on me so many times and left me stranded (sometimes hundreds of miles from home), I finally sold it and bought a New Beetle. I happen to have the mechanical aptitude of a tadpole, so I had to depend on those who knew the idiosyncracies of those old bugs.If they weren't around, I was left very vulnerable.

And as you pointed out, as I talk about the latest Jetta, Passat, or NB, most people in my club will change the subject and commence with an hour-long conversation about air-cooled engine parts or replacing heater channels. On the other side, there are the 22-year olds that wouldn't dream of having a stock water-cooled VW. Instead, they have $10,000 of modifications and/or stereos that can be heard a half-mile away.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts