NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was keyed on the black panel at the edge of the drivers door windowglass,just above the door handle. Question is... it is down to what appears to be metal. Is this a black decal covered panel or is this paint? Should I try to buff it out or is it easier to buy another black panel, or take this one off and paint it? Is this panel metal? Thanks in advance.:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
ouchie! atleast it wasn't on a large body panel or a dent or anything :(

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, definately could have been much worse. I took it kind of personal anyway. I dont remember making anyone mad in the parking lot or the stores. I shopped in another county and really didnt know anybody there. PEople are just mean sometimes. I just cant imagine why someone would do something like this? Its just not in my character, cant understand it.

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a somewhat lighter scratch downward too near the middle of the X.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
:( Why are people so mean....

It's a metal piece I THINK. And replacable. That'd what I'd recommend really. I dont' think you'd get the paint "just right". I'd check w/ some online parts retailers and see how much the part costs new. I'll bet it comes pre-painted black.

And due to the location, I bet it can't be TOO hard to replace.

germanautoparts.com
1stvwparts.com
worldimpex.com

If they don't list the part, call the phone #, they can all probably get the part easy.

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much !
I will check on it.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Yep, he's right, it's an easy swap.

I am going to switch mine this summer, they've had a hard 6 years apparently.

I think the lady who had it before me used to wear rings, and she closed the door with her palm, causing scratchage.

SMG

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
So sorry to see that damage. I just don't get it? :(

My poor Turbo S has numerous "Walk-By" key jobs. I just don't get it? :confused:

Karma, baby! :firedevil

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
DEB! NO! I'm so sorry! If you need help getting the part installed give me a shout! I'll be happy to make the trip up to help! (I don't think it'll be very difficult, though).

*hug* Poor Dot :(

·
Tell your mom I said hi
444 Posts
I'm checking the Bible right now to be sure, but I think if some one keys a NB they go to hell.

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good news! My brother in law came up and he compounded it out!!!! I am sooooo happy. It is only a dullish circle now waiting to be waxed. He has autobody training and new what to do. Awesome! It looked to him like the whole piece was plastic at first. Was not down to metal anyway and it rubbed out. I will post picture tomorrow. Thanks Kcfoxie! I know you would come and that means alot!Thank you for all the advice and understanding. YOu guys are all so helpful on here!
Thanks again! Nice to know there are wonderful people out there still!

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bugmonkey said:
I'm checking the Bible right now to be sure, but I think if some one keys a NB they go to hell.
LOL:)
I hate to admit how much better this idea makes me feel!

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Sorry to hear that someone hurt your NB, but then Happy to hear that it was fixable! ! ! !:D

·
Thomas
361 Posts
I'm jealous now. Wish I had useful and helpful in-laws!:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts