NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
beep beep!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere else in the forums that the NB will likely be discontinued after '07. :eyecrazy:

Please tell me that I
A) read that wrong
B) misunderstood
C) am smoking crack

If the answer is D, "Yes this is true" can anyone explain why?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
hang on, folks

The New Beetle got a facelift for 2006 (see my avatar). Why would they redesign it and then discontinue it the next year? Makes no sense to me.

OTOH, if they do, I'm screwed if I ever get into a fender-bender. Those one-year-only body panels are a booger to find!

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
A few years ago, VW did say the New Beetle would end around 2008-2010. They never planned for it to be a long term model.

The initial demand was much greater than they expected, but it did begin to die off. They did the restyle in 2006 to try and get some demand back.

There are rumors that it will undergo a complete remodel (new platform) sometime around 2009-2010, but a lot can happen in that time. So who knows.

·
beep beep!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eeeeenteresting.

And I agree, it makes no sense to remodel in '06 and then discontinue. That's exactly why I wanted clarification. But I still think it would suck if they stopped making NBs altogether. :(

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Yeah, I like seeing them around. It would be nice if they had the same kind of staying power as the old Beetle. (It took me eight years to finally buy one!) But they're aiming at a totally different market, and I don't think you can expect a car to sell on retro looks for way more than ten years. Oh, well, get 'em while they last!

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
punkpie said:
eeeeenteresting.

And I agree, it makes no sense to remodel in '06 and then discontinue. That's exactly why I wanted clarification. But I still think it would suck if they stopped making NBs altogether. :(
this is why i am keeping mine FOREVER! seriously. i am never letting curby go! well, i might buy an '05 in 6 years... LOL

·
Banned
2,553 Posts
it would kind of be cool if volkswagen got shot of the new beetle from their line up. make the nostolgia even greater.

but then again, it's what brought their sales up back when the nb was first introduced in 98 at the dealerships.

·
I love my family!
2,887 Posts
They need to get it together and bring out the Bus, and hey! Maybe even a Transporter! That would be schweet!:D

Or, stop the presses: A new Ghia convertible.....:cool: :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts