VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my window one day stopped working when my son leaned on it. it fell down into the door later that day.

I have the outer panel off. the window was all the way down, but I was able to get pliers and pull it up about four inches. it will not pull up farther than that though even when I pull really hard.

once I took off the motor, there was tangled metal wires coming out of the hole that the motor gear uses.

SO - how the heck am I supposed to get the window up or the inner panel off? I know the window must be up most of the way to loosen the clips so the inner panel can come off. but since I CANNOT get the window up to where the clips allign in the holes, what the heck am I supposed to do? seems like a catch-22!

PLEASE HELP!

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
It sounds like the clips have come loose from the cables on the regulator assembly and may be tangled up with the cables. Start the disassembly process( door lock etc.)(1st link)and then remove part of the screws holding the carrier to the door.
Then maybe you can get the window high enough to align the window clip bolts ith the round holes in the carrier and get the window loose. the window has to be loose from the carrier to remove it from the door.

http://newbeetle.org/forums/questio...anel-window-regulator-door-latch-removal.html

Bentley Publishers - Technical Discussions : Window regulator kit installation ...

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
It's a pretty easy job, I've done it several times now. You get the window kit from VW and there's really only one way the cable can run it's pretty simple, it usually takes me 45 mins or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts