NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
out in the sandbox
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Put a downpayment on my first Beetle last night. '06 Mellow Yellow convt., Pkg 2. 8 week wait. My 40th b-day present to myself. Have had the same Chevy S-10 Blazer since 1989 and haven't wanted to buy a new car in all that time--really!--- until I sat in a Beetle at an auto show a few weeks back. Instantly in love. Looking forward to learning from you Beetle experts!:)

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
WooooHoooo!
Congrats on your new baby! You'll love your new car!

Hey-- we're about the same age. And, for MY 40th birthday, I'm going to get an '07 Salsa Red NB (though I'll have to wait a little longer than you-- Nov. is my target date). I have never bought a new car that was just what I WANTED, instead of what will the kids & groceries fit in, what is the most economical, yada yada. Feels good to be a little self-indulgent, doesn't it?;)

Welcome to the org. The people here are great!

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Hi and welcome, Soon-to-be Beetle person. What a great gift to give yourself. Now to make the time fly by while you're waiting...

·
Registered
10 Posts
deeceedub said:
WooooHoooo!
Congrats on your new baby! You'll love your new car!

Hey-- we're about the same age. And, for MY 40th birthday, I'm going to get an '07 Salsa Red NB (though I'll have to wait a little longer than you-- Nov. is my target date). I have never bought a new car that was just what I WANTED, instead of what will the kids & groceries fit in, what is the most economical, yada yada. Feels good to be a little self-indulgent, doesn't it?;)

Welcome to the org. The people here are great!
When will the 2007 be avaliable? :)
Is 2007 the last year for the nb? :mad: If it is I sure hope to have one by then. :D

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

Pre-Congratulations to you, for your dream car: New Beetle Convertible! :clap:

I hope the wait doesn't seem like so long. It will be totally worth the wait. Keep saying to yourself "Happy Birthday to me!" :party:

Again, Congrats. :)

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
gav70 said:
When will the 2007 be avaliable? :)
Is 2007 the last year for the nb? :mad: If it is I sure hope to have one by then. :D
The dealer said he'd call me when the brochures come in sometime this spring...but he said the cars won't actually start arriving unitl probably October.

And I don't think '07 will be the last year, since the '06 was a redesign, but I have heard that they won't be redesigning again. There are still probably a few more years left before the NB is totally discontinued. There are several org members who know a lot more about this particular topic than me though, maybe someone will have better info.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
congrats on your NB! can't wait to see pics! once i knew i wanted a beetle, i waited all of about a week or two to bring mine home. then again, i am very impatient.

again, welcome and congrats! :wave:

·
Time To Ride
16 Posts
Congrats, I'm new here but ordered a new 06 TDI Last September. I pick it up Tuesday from the dealer. Can't understand why it takes sooooooo long. The dealer says it's a high mileage car and everybody wants one. I'll let you know if I really get it on Tuesday.

·
out in the sandbox
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you all are so nice!

Thanks for the big welcome! Yep, 8 weeks is a long time, but we did a lot of calling around to dealers and no one in my 250 mile radius had what I wanted on the lot, so she's being built just for me and that makes it completely worth the wait, especially considering that I've never really had a new car. My beloved '89 Chevy was a demo I bought off the lot. We're driving down to a dealer in NC to get her when she arrives. The dealer told me she'll be built in Mexico, then they go to a port in MA, then on a covered truck to NC. Pictures will most definitely go up. Deeceedub---I started looking for my 40th b-day dream car 3 years ago! :) I completely agree with you---the big 4-0 is the time to get what you WANT, not what you NEED.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
That is definitely the best b-day present I could ever think of!
Welcome to the org! You'll love it here!
Can't wait to see pics!! :wave3:

·
out in the sandbox
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
at last

Say hello to Mellow Kitty! She arrived last night to my great delight. Wow, what a car. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to impress someone who's been driving the same truck for 17 years (that's right, before they were called SUVs, before there was ABS, before there were "rain sensors"), but I am frelling impressed.

I do hope I've done the pics right...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Welcome:

I'm 3 years less your age but I am an absolute VW freak?

I got my mellow yellow NBC in March of 2003. We fell in love with it when we walked into the VW show room and it was there with the top down. I know that there are some changes in 3 years but overall it was the most pleasing automobile purchase in my life. We have the best times in that car with the top down. Parades, weekend getaways, fireworks shows, drive-in movies, beach trips, etc. Here's some advice: Use the locking compartment in the middle of the back seat to store a few bottles of sun block all year round. That way if you are out with the top down you will never forget the sun tan lotion!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts