NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope to have my New Beetle by the end of the year! As the "Mom", I've driven the mini van to the "big family car" for several years now but I am ordering a 2006 New Beetle TDI GLS, Harvest Moon with beige interior very soon!:D
I've already told the boys, Hands off! :p But my youngest son has told me that no matter how many flowers I paint on my Bug, He will still want to drive it..........fat chance I told him hahaha.
I was going to get my Beetle last year but we only owed a years payments on our 2002, 4 door, 4WD truck. I have to keep it to haul my horses and mules around with so I waited. I didn't know they were making so many changes in the 2006 and I was a bit apprehensive about waiting but my husband saw a couple of them at the dealers and he says they are much more sporty.:cool: Well, I think they are about the same but what does a Mom know? I love em anyway. I grew up with a Bug, Squareback and a Fastback. My Dad bought an older Bug a few years ago and totally restored it including a brand new engine, he still loves his VW's too.
I may be posting for ideas and opinions regarding customizing my New Beetle too. Any information or opinions regarding the 2006 NB is appreciated

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
I think you are going to have so much fun. You are making a great choice with the Tdi. The 2006 seems like a nice car. I don't think it is changed enough to be too concerned about problems.

It sounds like you will be doing interesting things with it.

The kids can wait till they can afford their own!

Enjoy creating your picture thread when you get it, figure out it's name, and be sure to wave!

·
CoolAnnie
2 Posts
I think it's great that you're getting what you want!

Good for you!:p

MomFinallyGettingMyBug said:
I hope to have my New Beetle by the end of the year! As the "Mom", I've driven the mini van to the "big family car" for several years now but I am ordering a 2006 New Beetle TDI GLS, Harvest Moon with beige interior very soon!:D
I've already told the boys, Hands off! :p But my youngest son has told me that no matter how many flowers I paint on my Bug, He will still want to drive it..........fat chance I told him hahaha.
I was going to get my Beetle last year but we only owed a years payments on our 2002, 4 door, 4WD truck. I have to keep it to haul my horses and mules around with so I waited. I didn't know they were making so many changes in the 2006 and I was a bit apprehensive about waiting but my husband saw a couple of them at the dealers and he says they are much more sporty.:cool: Well, I think they are about the same but what does a Mom know? I love em anyway. I grew up with a Bug, Squareback and a Fastback. My Dad bought an older Bug a few years ago and totally restored it including a brand new engine, he still loves his VW's too.
I may be posting for ideas and opinions regarding customizing my New Beetle too. Any information or opinions regarding the 2006 NB is appreciated

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Welcome to the org! I'm so jealous...an 06? And it's a TDI. Lucky woman! Make sure you post lots of pics when ya get him/her home! :clap:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Counting down the days!

:D We ordered my New Beetle TDI a couple months back and I am counting down the days till it arrives (is it appropriate to say "She"?)I was shocked to have to wait that long but hey, it's worth it!
I had Yellow or White as possible colors until I found out that Harvest Moon was a new 2006 choice for the sedan, Yeah!!
Are there any artists out there??? I will be customizing my New Beetle and would like some help in designing the custom paint job. I already have the main idea in my head...................It is Harvest Moon (cream interior, I know it sounds bland but it won't be for long!)and I want flowers on both sides from just behind the front fenders and up the sides as though I had just driven through a field of flowers and they were thrown up the sides. I can see it but I'm not creative enough to draw it out. I hope to find the right person for the job of adding these wildflowers to my Beetle. I loved the Baby Moon wheels (covers?) that someone in the group posted and I'd love to find where to get them. Also, I want to find a good place to order after market goodies like wood grain interior parts for door panels and dash. Any help is much appreciated! I should be getting my New Beetle (also needing some name ideas) in March 2006!!!
Add to that some perfect throw pillows in the back seat and a few other goodies (suggestions are welcome!) and I will be bugging out!

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
You sure are patient! I don't think I could have waited this long, without going crazy! :calvin:

I hope the few days left go by quickly, you deserve it! ;)

Welcome, a little late, :eek: to the Org. :wave2:

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
Me too welcome you to the Org a little late.:wave3: Well good things come to those that wait. Kudos on your patience. Enjoy you NB. Post Pics as soon as you can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey all,
Thanks for the nice welcome. I have tried to hold back my enthusiasm but it's really been creeping in on these beatutiful cays we've had here lately. Spring fever, naw, I can't wait for my bug.

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
MomFinallyGettingMyBug said:
Hey all,
Thanks for the nice welcome. I have tried to hold back my enthusiasm but it's really been creeping in on these beatutiful cays we've had here lately. Spring fever, naw, I can't wait for my bug.
Where are you located? We could use some beautiful days out here in Ohio!!!!:D Could you send some our way?:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts