VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked all over, but couldn't find the exact answer to my question. Are the sound filters for the front speakers controlled by the amp or are they connected to the wiring? I have a monsoon system and I'm looking to install an aftermarket h/u and replace the front and rear door speakers with full range speakers. I plan to use the stock wiring by bypassing the amp; unplugging the harnesses to the amp, cutting the speaker wires, and matching them with their respective wires. If the filters are in the wiring and not controlled by the amp, this method will obviously not work. I will then have to run my own wire. Can anyone answer the question? Thanks

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
If memory serves me correctly the Monsoon amp has internal crossovers and therefore it sends the appropriate signal to the corresponding speaker and it should just be a regular 14 - 16 gauge wire going to the speaker. I am in the process of bypassing and removing the Monsoon amp and I will be using inline bass blockers for some of the speakers. I am using two sets of JBL components speakers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts