NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Neighbor (good guy that installed the SAI pump, plugs and wires for me this past fall on Bluenote) has a 1999 Audi A6 Quattro with AT and the shift knob is history.

I offered to look around online for a replacement but am not sure I'm having
luck finding the right shift knob - the broken one has a button on it that has
come apart in pieces and I forgot to ask/don't know what purpose the button serves.

Anyways, anyone have a source for Audi parts? (google produces a zillion results ya know, I'm thinking that he's interested in something close to OEM).

Thanks,
Beth

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Beth, have you looked at ECS?

If you want the factory part, you can call up GermanAutoParts and they can basically get you any part you want too.

I know that there are many places you can get upgraded/oem+, or aftermarket ones too, but they're not coming to mind right now.

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks, Jose. I passed that info on to my neighbor yesterday. I did not see shift knobs on germanautoparts website but gave him a printout of GAP & ECS with their contact info).

I helped him with a code read from Ross Tech wiki, his A6 is in limp mode after changing the battery - his generic reader/book came back with something about the AC but Ross Tech message is for throttle body, I think he's going to sell the Audi, it's in pristine condition but I have no funds, I might have considered it :(

·
Don't call me pumpkin...
221 Posts
Have you looked on the VWVortex/Fourtitude or the Audizine classifieds? I'd imagine there's an active part-out thread somewhere.

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
Shokan.com, seems to have what you need; the prices are high however... you are paying for their expertise and availability. Finding a local junkyard or checking on ebay; might reveal better prices, if money is a issue. There are quite a few German specialty junkyards that have ads on there; you can email them once you find a part from the car you have. These are for used parts; your local audi dealer or a online audi dealer would be a source for new parts, such as interior parts. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts