NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I inserted my new headlight (2004 TDI) there was a gap between the rubber of the headlight and the body of the car. Ill say its about 20% of the circumference. Is there any way to align it? Any Ideas?

·
Registered
12,127 Posts
I would take it out and re-install it (make sure it is lined up with the "guides" on the right and left sides); also make sure that the locking lever inside the hood is locked all the way. I have taken my headlights out many times; I have had gaps... reinstalling and getting the lever all the way down... seems to fix the gap. Good luck! :)
(ps: be careful with the levers; they break easily... I usually lube mine up; to make it easier! :))

·
blue highways
731 Posts
If the gap refuses to go away, the metal frame/bucket might have gotten tweaked a bit. My driver's side is like that from hitting a deer but someone forcing the light in might have had a similar effect (guess solution is to swap in a different frame or gently straighten it by hand? Was afraid to make mine worse)

·
Registered
867 Posts
The locking ring has about 1/2inch of adjustment. With the headlight out there are 3 bolts that hold it in, if you loosen them you can move the ring toward the front or back. Just do not put it too far back, this will cause tension on the lens and it will pull off after a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts