NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I'm about to change my spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor button. I bought Ngk plugs, denson wires but I havnt bought the cap or rotor yet, and I'm just wondering if I'm making a grave mistake and will have to do this job again (which I'd very much rather not do) or if these brands will last.
Thanks for your time!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
14,058 Posts
As far as I know; all the new Beatles do not have a distributor in them; thus, would NOT have a: cap, rotor, condenser or points! :) I believe the OEM supplier for Volkswagen; was NGK, you probably will be fine with high-quality brands like: Bosch, NGK , Nippon Denso etc.; among many others; The key is getting a higher quality one; That is made for your particular engine code. Please list the part numbers and the brands of the parts you purchased; then we can see, if they're good quality! :)

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
NGK is what I ran. The BKUR6ET plugs are what I ran and she liked them far better than the Denso plugs.

And there is no distributer, just an ignition coil. And that should really only be replaced if it fails.

·
Registered
14,058 Posts
I'll defer to smileybug on the plugs; from what I can tell, they look to identical to the OEM plugs that I got from the Volkswagen dealer (the dead giveaway; is the three electrodes), when I did a tuneup on a 2.0L new beetle, one time.
The Denso plug wires; seem to be in the middle price range of other brands out there, I personally have never used that brand of wires... so, I cannot give an assessment of them. Hopefully, others that have used them; can tell us what their experiences have been. From the description; they say they are oem and meet all the VW specs, etc.; but of course all the companies say that. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
99 beet 2.0

our local dealer refuses to use the bosh plugs lol they sell ngks they told me bosh suck n stopped selling them lol we replaced the plus and factory wires n used factory wires again n a after market coil too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts