NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 01 beetle and just was fidgeting wtih the radio settings and realized that the following speakers dont work.
Drivers Door
Passengers Door
Rear drivers side panel behind drivers seat.

Both front tweeters work and the rear passengers side panel speaker behind the passengers seat work.

I pulled the door panel off of the drivers side door and checked connections and it looked just fine as well as connected securely, I pulled the radio out and checked all connections on the radio and everything was connected securely as well. I am not sure where to go from here to try to troubleshoot this problem..

Any advise on what may need to be done to check these speakers or correct the problem?

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
Ok, I just pulled my interior apart to install a sub, and its not easy to get to any of the speakers. In the back, to get to the speaker, the panel has to come off. Lay the seat completely down in the back. Now, along the bottom where the seat used to be should be a space you can fit your fingers under. Pull up on this in short jerks. You should hear the clips start to come out. work your way up the back first, and when that has all separated, you should be able to push it up and get te upper clips just below the window to come off. Now untangle the panel from the seat belts and voila. Now on top of the speaker itself there should be a clip holding two wires. First, check to make sure the clip is plugged in all the way. If it isn't, you are going to have to get the two lines to touch the correct terminals on the speaker. You may also want to try and find a volt meter to see if power is getting to the end of the speaker line. If it still doesn't work, you are in for quite the project. I wouldn't know how to get the new speakers in if you need them or where to find the problem wires. The final thing I can tell you is the Monsoon amp (if you have the monsoon system) for the car is in the trunk underneath the plastic trim piece that holds the latch for the trunk lid. Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts