NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jude's Momma
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
Its been a while but I figured Id post here and ask! I'm looking to replace my speakers for my Jude, but I haven't the foggiest idea as to where to start! :confused: Any suggestions. All 4 of my speakers are blown, but I have a limited budget. Any ideas? I don't want a system or anything -- but I do like my music louder than the average bear!

Let me know!

Xo
Teddi

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
Ok you should have posted this in car audio. But what I can say is you are going towant to take those speakers out and measure them for size. Then I would go to amazon and see what you can afford. If you like it loud I highly suggest getting a decent MOSFET amp to power the speakers. If you want more bass response (cuz we all know that bugs have no bass) get a subwoofer. Do you know how to remove the door panel and the rear wall panels to get to the speakers?

·
I am McLovin
1,823 Posts
On a side note you said you like to listen to music a little on the louder side. Some well placed moolah on a decent head unit will increase your listening pleasure significantly. The stock units are pretty pathetic atleast in my 1999 gen beetle. I dont know about the newer generations. My best suggestion, buy a decent headunit and some better than stock speakers make sure they arent paper like the stock ones. I would say thats the best way to get some better bump for ur money without going crazy

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've done my speakers plenty of times over and over. I bought my speakers from amazon. During a long period of time about 3 months ago Rockford fosgate was over stocked and they were selling subwoofers for as low as $35. Now I think the price has raised but they still are cheaper than market price. Rockford fosgate has pretty decent speakers and I know that for a 2000 the doors and back speakers are all 6&1/2". Now you don't get low ranges with these and I would recommend getting 6x9s for your backs. Only problem is you'll be modding under your panel to fit the speaker. After that if you get a hi output radio you'll be Loud with out amperage. None the less amount your speakers are always a plus:) but wiring might take a while. Have fun!

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you need links to recommended speakers pm me I'm usually not on often so I don't really check old threads. Any questions too feel free to ask

1 - 6 of 6 Posts