VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a set of SpecD projector headlamps for my wifes 2005 Beetle.
The fit is actually very good and the install is easy enough....however, they seem to be virtually impossible to adjust for correct aim. I have turned the phillips screw head that is supposed to be for vertical and cant tell any difference haven't even tried the "knob/screw" for horizontal.
Has anyone else tried these with different results?
Thanks.
They look great too...but if you cant see with them at night its a bit of an issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow.....79 views and only 1 PM response
Either no one knows or they a real junk and no one wants to hurt my feelings:D

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Sorry I got nuthin, Have stock lights, hope you can get it sorted soon.
Is the adjustment screw good? sometimes a screw will turn in a fitting but the threads are messed up and it won't advance in the fitting. Not trying to insult you just thinking with ny fingers on the keyboard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vdubyah.....thanks...I think I am getting closer to adjusting them now. just no easy way to get to the adjusters without some serious disassembly especially on the battery side of the car.
Nice looking, decent fit, not user friendly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finally got the SpecD headlamps "adjusted" the parts and pieces of these things are weak...the vertical adjustment 4mm allen head is very easy to break on the inside of the assembly...fortunately it is easy to reattach with JB Weld after you break it and that is an improvement over the original design.
The adjusters are on the back side of the headlamps so you have to remove everything on the drivers side except the battery to get to them, the passenger side is negligibly easier.
They look good, they are bright but I do not expect them to last very long.
Live and learn.....I recommend if you need headlamps get some that have the factory positions on the adjusters.
If you buy the these headlamps the 4mm allen head is vertical the phillips screw is horizontal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had these in my car and they are okay. I never had any adjustment issues(because I never adjusted them probably) The lens cover didn't hold up to well over winter and could used buffed and the rubber seal has a huge gap where the ends meet, also its dry rotting already. I'm debating on spending MORE money on another set of better looking projectors. Or just reverting back to a set of new factory headlamps.
I just don't like all the chrome in them.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts