NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, kinda new here, new name, and never posted pics before. So, here is my mostly stock S :)

Mods-

Exterior:
Clear front markers
DIY Black headlights
VIS Carbon Fiber Hood NEW
GTS eyelids NEW

Engine:
Removed "snowbox"
REVO software
Dyno ~ 188whp 209wtq

Chassis:
Koni coilovers NEW
Kumho Ecsta SPT tires NEW

Interior:
Euro Switch w/ disabled DRLs
VDO vision boost gauge in custom cup
XM sat radio hidden in armrest, antena under dashNEW
Lego pen in bud vase
Car seat

AutoX last season (took second place for the season in G stock)

My son

and us at AutoX

A local gathering at my place (temporarily on TT fat 5's)

and next to my mom's '67 at a local show

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Ooooo! Another WA Turbo S! Cool! :cool: Now all we have to do is get you, my Black TS, dnyed's Plat Gray TS, and a Red TS, and we would have all the TS colors!

Great shots! :goodjob:

Maybe someday we (us "coasters" and you) can all get together.

Oh Yeah.....Welcome to the Org! Glad you joined us here! :wave:

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Spokane is kinda far away.......Road Trip! :D

I see the "other" VW people let you in. Most of them shun our bugs, even our TS's. It's such a shame. :( I love every VW!

Have fun, and hope to meet you, your Turbo S, and your family at one of our PNW GTGs. See you! :wave3:

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
Looks good Speedhole great racing shots. Look in Hobbies and post pics and times there also. We have several guys around the country that autoX their bugs.:cool: What tires were you running on last season? Make, Model, and size.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
The Cheat said:
I spot a harlequin! :O)
Good grief - talk about attention to detail. It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about - but then I saw the turquoise bumper... :)

Great looking S!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the comments

Yes that is a Harlequin, my little brothers car. He also has a mk2 16v Scirroco.

I have been part of a nice group of VW people here for a while, long before I got the S. We have everything from rabbits to a new Jetta GLI, GTIs, Golfs, etc. I used to get some flak for my "chick car", until we went to the track ;) I've schooled a few in the true nature of the S, but most are pretty open minded.

My first VW is my '88 16v GTI (permanent project status :( ), then we got a '96 GTI 2.0 as the "family car". That was traded in for the S. My wife is currently on her second Corrado SLC. The first was recently wrecked and now resides in the garage with my GTI. Her current one was from Medford, OR, that was a long train/bus/road trip.

As far as AutoX tire go, I was accually still on the OEM MX all seasons. They really were the bain of the season. I've been looking into what could be a good street/AutoX tire for next year.

umm... think that covers it all. I'd love to get a shot of "one of each" S, I go to the other side of the state a few times a year. I was at WaterWagens this last summer, got chipped there accually. The PNW regional forums on the vortex are a good way to know what is going on locally.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
speedhole said:
I used to get some flak for my "chick car
umm... .
It is a chick car. I drive an S, and I'm a chick! :D

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts