·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
I do know, the key has to be on, for it to work. :eek:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, in my 20+ years in the auto industry, I've never seen an electrical component work when not connected. For whatever reason, the connection was buried up in the dash. Once I found it and connected it, it works like advertised! :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Somebodies had the lower panel off, stuck the wire and connector up out of the way so it did not smack them in the face and forgot about it when they replaced the panel.

Glad it was an easy fix.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
wind deflector

Is that spoiler thingy even required to be up when you're driving? anybody? What could happen if it's not up?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
Is that spoiler thingy even required to be up when you're driving? anybody? What could happen if it's not up?
No its not. And nothing will happen. Its to help with aerodynamics at higher speeds, so unless you're seriously breaking some speed limits, it doesn't really do anything. But it is a nifty feature.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
I don't remember the year change over, but some of the 1.8Ts had a spoiler that came up at I think 48mph (somewhere in the 40s, might be 43) and others had one that came up at 90mph. Only the 1.8Ts got the automatic spoiler though.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
correct

Correct, mine go's up at around 40-45 mph and then comes back down at around 10-15 mph. The guide rails on mine have cracks and look like about to fall off and so I might just leave it down for forever once that happens

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am jealous that yours moves up and down. I was able to get the spoiler to lift and now it won't come down. It seems like it is locked up and the motor isn't strong enough to reverse.:(

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
stuck up

I am jealous that yours moves up and down. I was able to get the spoiler to lift and now it won't come down. It seems like it is locked up and the motor isn't strong enough to reverse.:(
Maybe give it a little deb of lube or something to help it come down. That greaseless spray lube used on garage doors I believe works pretty good to keep dirt off the railings/guides.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts