NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at purchasing a second NB, a 2002 GLS. I'll see it in person Monday, the 19th to make a final decision, but in photos, I notice it has a rear spoiler. I think NBs look much better without them, but this car appears to be in great cosmetic shape and is priced right otherwise.. It also has the rear brake light running through it, but it looks like the original slot for this light is still at the top of the trunklid and it was simply moved to the spoiler.

Is it an easy job (like a couple of screws) to remove the spoiler and place the rear brake light back to its intended place, or is this an involved job that a body shop should do? If it's complex and/or expensive, I may just leave the spoiler there and live with it. If it's only a couple of hundred bucks to "delete" the spoiler, I'll take it to a shop.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
It's obviously an aftermarket spoiler, so the attachment and wiring are going to be manufacturer specific. No way for anyone to know without a pic that might enable someone to not only indentify it, but know how it is attached and wired. However, that said, anything that can be done, can be undone. Well, except for ringing a bell. (lol)

M.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts