VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
I have a 2015 1.8t same trans. I know that there's a couple of recalls/fixes that VW has. Just have to check and see if there's any for your year. But there is a recall on a switch that fixes a possible malfunction. I can't remember the name or the I.D #. I can look. May take me a minute. Just a thought. I'm getting mine done when I can find the time to go. Life❤
I don't have any issues, yet.

· Super Moderator
14,886 Posts
I only drive in Sport, with my DSG. The next big expense will be a tranny service, right after I pay off the WP/TB just done with my 2013 TDI. I hope nothing happens until then. Still feels good.

· Registered
19,235 Posts
I would definitley contact vw customer care or your local vw dealer; see, if they can help.

You might do a quick check; for any open recalls here:

· Registered
19,235 Posts
Type in your Vin number in the link above and that should give you a quick idea if there any recalls; if you contact your local dealer, we should have a history of the maintenance and see if your vehicle has any recalls that were completed or you can call vw customer care as well..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
19,235 Posts
Remember, that many times even if there aren't any open recalls; there can be "silent" recalls or there are known problems with the transmission; sometimes VW will help you with repair costs or pay the whole thing under customer satisfaction type situation.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Type in your Vin number in the link above and that should give you a quick idea if there any recalls; if you contact your local dealer, we should have a history of the maintenance and see if your vehicle has any recalls that were completed or you can call vw customer care as well..

Awesome ty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.