NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for looking.I wonder if you can change from sport mode with a unregestered vcds lite.I would like the car to shift at a lower rpm if possible.Thanks

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
A bit more information about your car please.
Is it a Beetle? What year? What transmission? etc. would be helpful. ;)

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Assuming you have an 01M trans..

I'm not sure if you need the registered version.. but from what I understand it will not stay in sport mode permanently.. it will always go back to whatever. Soft-coding isn't permanent.

000?x: DSP Mode (Dynamic Shift Points)
0 = DSP active
1 = DSP inactive

000x?: Transmission Mode
0 = Factory Mode (Adaptive Transmission Mode)
1 = Force Economy Mode (lower Shift Points)
2 = Force Sport Mode (higher Shift Points)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My daughters car is a 98 beetle with 95 k on it.The car shifts at around 3000 or slightly higher I would like if posible to shift at a lower rpm.Oh it is a 2.0 Thanks

·
μολὼν λαβ
213 Posts
When I still had the '02 with the 01M, I did the tranny reset to factory default. Key on (don't start engine) accel pedal to floor for 5-10 seconds, then release. Key off. When you drive after that, easy on the acceleration, and the computer relearns shift points based on how you drive. So if you drive easy during the relearn period, it'll shift at lower RPMs. No need for the Vagcom for that. It did shift better for my wife after that.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
My daughters car is a 98 beetle with 95 k on it.The car shifts at around 3000 or slightly higher I would like if posible to shift at a lower rpm.Oh it is a 2.0 Thanks

That's I think pretty much the lowest it's gonna shift.. Sport mode it shifts around 3500-4000k or later..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I thought it was shifting in sport mode now.If it had been shifting at 4000 I would have thought it had a problem. Thanks for the info

·
μολὼν λαβ
213 Posts
Well, I'm a bit puzzled. My '02 never shifted that high unless I forced it to by accelerating harder than usual. Of course it shifts at a higher RPM in freeway traffic, on-ramps, etc. In normal driving around town, it rarely revved above 2000-2200 RPM before shifting. Also wasn't aware that the 01M in the 2.0 Bug even had a "sport mode."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts