VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As described in the title, what could possibly be causing the squeaks after suspension replacement.

Struts and shocks along with springs, strut mounts (front and rear) and bushings were replaced two months ago, and LCA, ball joints, sway bar bushings and endlinks were replaced last March. After the replacement the car squeaks whenever I make sharp turns in low speed (like in the parking lot) and going over bumps. I had the shop look at it again and all the bushings were checked fine. To this point, I have no idea what could possibly cause all the squeaks. Has anyone ever experienced it?

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Did you use: stock parts or any performance poly mounts/bushings? I used some poly bushings; I didn't lubricate them and they squeaked, I used some Energy Suspension Formula 5 and that fixed that issue:
Formula 5Prelube Grease- 8 oz. tub

http://www.energysuspension.com/uni...jack-strap-control-arm-bushing-half-sets.html

When the lower control arms were repaired; were they replaced or were the bushings pressed in? I have noticed, when pressed in; they can have some clearance issues... if not pressed in all the way or too much up/down etc., ANY new part... might have some clearance issues or be installed improperly. Strut bearing; seem to mention as causing noise for the mark iv front DNS, did you replace those and all parts related to the struts?

Squeaks can be tough to isolate but putting it on a lift, checking that way or having someone drive next to you or pushing the car down, while someone else looks under the car... can possibly help.

Give us more details on the rebuild and what was replaced or rebuilt, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts