NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so since getting my NBC out for the warm months, as it had been under cover in the garage since November....when ever I lower the driver's side window, it squeals like a pig or worse yet, sounds like a siren. I have sprayed dry silicone into the window channels best I can...but with no success..any thoughts?

The driver's side window is the only window that makes this hideous noise.

As always, I appreciate everyone's input/comment.

Jerry

·
Registered
303 Posts
Window regulator is likely needing to be replaced

·
Registered
14,052 Posts
Thats the sound mine made; right before the regulator/clips broke and the window fell down into the door. Get a rebuild kit and repair it yourself; can save you quite a bit of dough! :) Some years had a recall on the window regulator; you might contact your local VW dealer service dept. with your VIN # and see if your car qualifies.

Here is a example of the repair kit (get a genuine VW kit for the best quality parts); you local dealer should have it in stock.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-New_Beetle--2.5L/Interior/Window/ES300929/

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for the input/responses. I don't come on here as often as I used to, but I always know that I have issues with my NBC that someone on here will have a response/answer for me. :banana:

This sucks as the car is still relatively new..only 35k on the OD. I bought it new in 2007 and it only gets driven in the warm months...winter time it gets a bath, interior vacuumed and cleaned then a wax job and under the cover he goes.

Well I think before I order the kit from ECSTuning, I will call the dealer and see if there indeed was a recall on this.

Wondering out loud how difficult this kit is to install?

Thanks again guys.

Jerry

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thank you guys for the input/responses. I don't come on here as often as I used to, but I always know that I have issues with my NBC that someone on here will have a response/answer for me. :banana:

This sucks as the car is still relatively new..only 35k on the OD. I bought it new in 2007 and it only gets driven in the warm months...winter time it gets a bath, interior vacuumed and cleaned then a wax job and under the cover he goes.

Well I think before I order the kit from ECSTuning, I will call the dealer and see if there indeed was a recall on this.

Wondering out loud how difficult this kit is to install?

Thanks again guys.

Jerry
Replacing the regulator assembly in the doors arent too bad. Its the rear ones that are a bear...Just did the pass rear regulator on my wifes NBC and it took me 4-5 hours. Fronts should take half that time.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats the sound mine made; right before the regulator/clips broke and the window fell down into the door. Get a rebuild kit and repair it yourself; can save you quite a bit of dough! :) Some years had a recall on the window regulator; you might contact your local VW dealer service dept. with your VIN # and see if your car qualifies.

Here is a example of the repair kit (get a genuine VW kit for the best quality parts); you local dealer should have it in stock.

Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5L > Interior > Window > ES#300929 Power Window Regulator Repair Kit - Driver's Side - 1CM898655
I called the dealer today to check if my year 2007 NBC has had a recall on the window regulator and the answer was "no." So next week I will order up this kit and go from there. If I think of it, I'll see about doing a as-you-go-photos shoot.

Jerry

·
Registered
14,052 Posts
Again, you might check your dealer for the repair kit; sometimes, a local dealer may or may not be cheaper then ecstuning, sometimes they are cheaper. Worth a try and you can get it faster, if its in stock.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called the dealer today to check if my year 2007 NBC has had a recall on the window regulator and the answer was "no." So next week I will order up this kit and go from there. If I think of it, I'll see about doing a as-you-go-photos shoot.

Jerry
After a thorough research and watching the uninstall/install video,I do believe I will leave this up to the professionals. i did take the NBC in for it's oil change and tire rotation. while it was there I inquired about the window squealing...they took along hard look and said the regulator needed to be replaced. The price they gave me is $241.20 for the part and $168.00 to install. Presently I found an OEM kit on eBay for 207.00 free shipping. I am going to go this route...no, I'm not afraid, just would like to have the car back together in less than 24 hours. LOL!!

Thank you for the input, it is, as always,very much appreciated.

Jerry

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ON further research....perhaps I will go with ECS instead...after I call them of course. Their price is way better and although the kit does not include the rails,I'm not certain the rails need replacing.

Jerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts