NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car squeeks... I mean like an old bed with two people having a good time. Every time I drive over anything remotely bumpy and some times not even that. Anyone know why? It seems to run ok...

(I have an 01 2.0, about 104,000)

·
Probably MIA
2,800 Posts
Probably your lower control arm bushings. I would replace them with the solid bushings from a TT. Cheap upgrade, they tighten up the handling and last longer too.

You are getting to the time where your suspension is going to need some work. The struts and shocks are worn out and will need replacing along with strut bearings and mounts, shock mounts and new bolts.

Here is a package that is probably the best deal running. It includes everything you need. The Bilstein TC are comfortable, long-lasting and a nice upgrade over stock:
Parts for all water cooled VW cars specializing in TDI models : A4 NB GOLF JETTA BILSTEIN TC STRUT KIT COMPLETE $310 SHIPPED

Here are the LCA bushings:
Parts for all water cooled VW cars specializing in TDI models : A4 GOLF JETTA NEW BEETLE TT UPGRADE CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS $39

·
no longer use this site
1,594 Posts
my guess would be sway bar bushings first, then control arm bushings. could be either or both.

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Glad you posted that DZLBUG! I'm in need for that kit and that's a great price for the whole thing! Dang! :D Now if only I could find a mechanic to do it for free.....lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts