NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have squeeky rear springs? About 2 weeks ago when there was a slight cold snap, the rear springs started squeeking whenever someone got in or got out. Maybe it was just a coincidence with the temp change or not but now it's squeeky.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you park with your parking brake on? If I do, everytime I get in or out my car makes a creaking sound from the rear brakes that sure could sound like springs too. I know it's my brakes though because if I release it I get no creak.

My brakes are new and do not squeek during driving so it must just be the nature of the pads.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jbehm said:
Do you park with your parking brake on? If I do, everytime I get in or out my car makes a creaking sound from the rear brakes that sure could sound like springs too. I know it's my brakes though because if I release it I get no creak.

My brakes are new and do not squeek during driving so it must just be the nature of the pads.
That's what it is! After reading your post I went to the garage and tried it both ways. Brake off no squeeks. Hmmm...
the rear brakes were replaced by the former owner, I think they've been on a while. The front are still original @74k.

thanks for the tip :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts