VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My beetle saga continues...i found a donor beetle with a blown engine, i have had my 1.9 tdi engine moved into the new beetle from my damaged frame beetle. The new beetle has a stage 1 chip done to the computer and it's engine which died had the injectors. My engine has been transplanted but the injectors haven't been installed in my engine. I'm just wondering if that could damage my engine, running it with stage 1 chip but no upgraded injectors?
thanks
p.s. i do plan on changing the injectors in a fiew months.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Hard to say. I suppose there are "chips" for them, but I am more familiar with tuning, where the car's computer is modified to run more optimally.

Do you know any history of the donor?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
Hard to say. I suppose there are "chips" for them, but I am more familiar with tuning, where the car's computer is modified to run more optimally.

Do you know any history of the donor?
Unless its a '98, it should just be a tune. Though, a lot of people use the terms interchangeably.

Knowing what tune would be really useful. A lot of the big name tuners have good websites which outline what you need for each stage of tune. I imagine you don't need to deal with injectors for a stage 1 tune.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So after some investigating I discovered I have a stage 3 rocketchip set with 19 psi injectors from what I was told it's the max that the turbo can handle. I'll likely have to change the clutch to a single mass clutch, the previous transmission was using a vr6 single mass clutch. This should be fun! I'm having the injectors changed over on the weekend.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tuning

Glad you've found/learned your tune level.

You will not necessarily need an upgrade in the clutch unless you plan to tap into the added power.

I got a Stage 1 Malone Tune for my ALH powered Vanagon. I was amazed at the increased performance. Everything else is stock. I do have a SMF running a 228mm clutch disc... no slipping, even pulling a load behind the Vanagon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard a lot of slip is due to driving style, If i roll into the power it shouldn't slip as much. I'm excited to experience RC3 and 205 injectors. Thanks for the tips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts