VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I stalled my car for the first time yesterday. :cry: It was definitely not fun, but it stalled and then honked! Scared me!
Is this common? It's a 2008.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Please explain your experience further; driving conditions, did it restart and how is the car, acting now? I would start by scanning the car with a vw compatible scan tool and see if there are any trouble codes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put the car in first gear and my foot slipped off the clutch and the car stalled and then honked. I turned the car back on and drove off and it was fine. It was just in a parking lot in nice weather.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well, you can kill a cars engine (stop running) by letting the clutch pot too fast (like slipping your foot off the clutch pedal); the honking sounds strange (alarm?). Again, a scan; may, give you some clues (trouble codes) and this can help you troubleshoot a possible problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
I have never heard of a car honking the horn after stalling. Sure you didn't stall and lunch forward and bounce off the steering wheel? :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have never heard of a car honking the horn after stalling. Sure you didn't stall and lunch forward and bounce off the steering wheel? :lol:
hahaha! that would actually be hilarious but i don't think so!
i wonder if it would do it again but i would never hurt my baby by stalling it on purpose!!!!

the funny thing was is when i stalled it a guy who had been eyeing me while i was in the store was walking in front of me, so it looked like i was honking at him! so embarrassing. :pinch:

i guess ill just update if it happens again!

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
:lol::roflmao: that's too funny, not at the time I'm sure, but funny now And yea, I would never stall on purpose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts