NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone my name is Les I am new to this forum and my wife owns a 2001 VW New Beetle 2.0 that we just bought6 months ago. We have a problem with the car. While we were driving the car stalls for 5 sec. but the lights on the dash don't light. It feels like the cars fuel is cut off. When it does stall I press on and off the gas and nothing. My wife loves this car it's been great owning it very fun to drive.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Is all maintenance up to date? What about the fuel filter? Have you scanned it for any stored codes that aren't triggering a CEL?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help everyone. I found a place to scan the entire car and found out it is a intermittent immobilizer problem and found a few other problem but not related. Now how do I fix this problem is it easy.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Do you know what codes were thrown? That would help us out a lot.

·
Registered
762 Posts
If you are driving down the street, then the Immobilizer is not the issue. The Immobilizer will prevent the car from running right after start up, in other words, you start the engine, it runs for 1 or 2 seconds, then dies and the Immobilizer light in the cluster is flashing.

Driving down the road and the engine dies at random, that can be the Engine Speed Sensor (G28).

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is most likely the Mass Air Flow sensor. Mine went out a few years ago, the car would stall while driving all the time. (My car is a manual by the way.)(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts