NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here and wanted to bounce a problem off of people who actually might have an idea of what's wrong.

I have a 2000 turbo automatic new beetle. When I start it in the morning (the colder the morning the harder it is to start) it idles hard for about 30 seconds and wants to cut off. I cannot increase the rev by pushing the gas, it seems like nothing happens if I do that. If I turn the key off and then start the car again and then drive, it will work ok, and there is no stalling out once I actually get going. If the temp is warmer nothing happens.

I just replaced the black sensor with the green one and other parts have recently be replaced by a mechanic. If anyone has any ideas of what I might need to look into, please let me know.

There are no warning lights on at all save for the normal blue temp light that goes off once the car's been running a bit.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your vacuum hoses; all of them.
Thank you so much for the swift reply. I was actually considering replacing them, so it looks like it might be the time. I hope it fixes it, I'll check back to see if there are any other ideas if that does not work.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts