VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 2.0 gas,automatic . Lately ive been having a issue with car what feels like misfiring. It drives ok for about 15 mins then it stalls /loses power with no response from the pedal and if i come to a complete stop it turns off.

Ive changed the spark plugs and ignition wires.(which helped a little)
Yes it has a CEL but no scanner can read it .i read a thread about the K-line n after market radio...so i needto get that fixed...

Could it be a bad coil pack? Any way of checking that?
Any orther ideas on what it could be?

·
Yay Yellow
57 Posts
When my bug started misfiring the coil had a visible crack so it was pretty obvious in that case. Replaced the coil and she ran fine. Then my dad said we should change the plugs and wires anyways and I ordered some online. The wires I stupidly bought were some random cheap ones and the car misfired and sputtered half the time. Returned those, Dad got some better wires and no more misfires.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the correct plugs n wires although they were expensive. I took off and inspected the coil pack , no visible cracks...but the coil pack looks like its been replaced before. BTW before the car started acting this bad its always had a history of random misfires... now its gotten bad. Im still leaning towards a bad coil pack even if its not cracked??

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts