VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 beetle 1.8 turbo with 100k miles just out of the blue the car stalls while driving the are no engine codes scanned with vagcom
I have replaced timing belt a while ago. I have done a tune up about 20k miles ago. problem is that there no codes. when car stall it starts right up and drives fine 1 time it stalled the I have drove over
600 miles now it stalled again and started right up and drove fine please help

·
squirreljuice
391 Posts
I have had similar issues in my 2002 with it stalling while going down the highway. It fortunately began running again shortly after the stall but I never could track down the exact cause of the problem. Start with the simple things first. Try changing the fuel filter. It's cheap and even if it doesn't work, it is still something that should be replaced regularly. If you continue to have problems, have the fuel pump tested to make sure it is outputting the correct fuel pressure and fuel volume.

I never fully investigated my issue, due to trying to resolve other issues, but it seemed to go away after I finished troubleshooting my fuel system. I have heard rumors of the crank position sensor possibly causing this when it fails, but keep to the simple and more likely explanations first. The issue more likely than not resides somewhere in the fuel system, and if you haven't changed your fuel filter recently, it's probably that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've had a similar problem upon start up the car will run briefly then stall . I go out and remove the gas cap and put it on then I good to go . This will happen a few times a year did since car was new . Never any codes sort of a PIA at times .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts