VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you dont like the stance look, but i had a blast at the show. I am still shocked as hell that Tara Evans didnt place, her beetle is beautiful. As far as VW's go, here is the ranking:

Best Euro - Jackson (green S4 Dorbritz Designs)
Best VW - Tommy XXXX (white jetta)
1st Place - Ross (black passat)
2nd Place - JD (silver turbo-s)
3rd place - Dillon (white bug)

and heres what little crappy out of focus pics i took:

and then my car set up:

-jd

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx!

-jd

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
From the looks of things; I get the feeling, this isn't the first time you have been to the rodeo, so to speak (or shown a car @ shows/events). Man, those Audi's sure look mean! I really like the addition of that rear wing cover! So, whats next on the list, of cool goodies for the Turbo S?

By the way, has P3Cars.com; gotten back with you about producing their, Vent Integrated Digital Interface? While a little spendy; it would be a great addition to any car! :) Plus, did you get those new wheels yet?

UPDATE: just emailed P3Cars.com and this was their response: "XXXXXX, We are finished with software dev for this car and are hoping for a August release . Feel free to check back or follow us on Facebook or instagram for more up to the minute updates.

Cheers,
XXXX"

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea they arent finished with it yet.

wheels... man its taking a beating on me. im so undecided and if you dont go big these days you might as well go home. a lot of the cars that won had "bags and wheels" and that was it.

i mean the car that beat me had bags and $5000 wheels. i guess $5000 wheels beats out full carbon interior, FMIC, stage2, 3" turbo-back exhaust, air bags and yadda yadda yadda.

they said i put a lot of work into my display and how the car was set up. so i guess experience helped me out. ;)

-jd

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
In many ways; it maybe, a reflection of the "bagged" car culture, which seems to be "more show" then, "go"? I also think; that a Mark IV VW and bugs, a New Beetle; for that matter, probably hasn't been seen much at events! So, they may not even recognize the amount of work or uniqueness; you have added to your New Beetle? What say you?

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the judges did for sure or i wouldnt have placed. when i asked when i was going to get judged they asked which car.

when i said "the silver beetle" they were like, "oh the one with bags and the suspension showing off? with the podium and the carbon interior? yea we jusge t last night. nice car man."

-jd

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
In many ways; it maybe, a reflection of the "bagged" car culture, which seems to be "more show" then, "go"? I also think; that a Mark IV VW and plugs, a New Beetle; for that matter, probably hasn't been seen much at events! So, they may not even recognize the amount of work or uniqueness; you have added to your New Beetle? What say you?
I put bone stock NBs in VW shows. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts