VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months I looking at an '03 New Beetle to possibly purchase. When I sat in the driver seat for the first time..first time even looked at a New Beetle..the steering wheel was on my lap. Even after raising the column up as high as it would go, there was still virtually no leg room. There were issues other then that is why I did not buy that Beetle.
A few weeks ago I looked an '02 and nothing different. I moved the seat forward enough so my legs did not feel pinned down, but then the pedals were too close. I did not even bother taking this one for a test drive. I am 5' 11"
Is there another adjustment that tilts the steering wheel upwards any?

Chris :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
There is a seat height adjustment using the ratcheting lever on the left side of the seat. Pull up to raise and push down to lower the seat height. Maybe the seats were just raised up too much.

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
The seats have adjustments, so everyone will be comfortable. My ex is 6'4", and was fine, even with the sunroof.

Yes, use the ratchet height adjuster, and steering wheel up-down-close-far, and you will find the ideal sweet spot. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts