NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am sorry if this has already been posted previously.

I got my cyber green '00 bug (Willow) in May. I recently bought a new stereo and my bf and I installed it with no real problems. We checked everything worked fine before we set it in and put the front fascia plate on. Since then all of the features have worked fine, Except, every time the ignition is turned off it resets and I lose any settings etc.

Now I understand that this is because it apparently probably doesn't have a permanent live. But when installing the unit we used the wiring harness supplied and the only thing not plugged in was one of the choc blocks (that I believe goes to my factory fitted cd changer) it is longer than the brown or black ones and is made up of 3 smaller blocks that are different colours but are connected.

Is it something to do with this third block? And if so what on earth do we have to do because my aftermarket stereo has nowhere to plug it in?

Also the fascia plate that we purchased has 2 parts (one that goes in before the stereo unit and one that snaps on after) how do I get the front one off without damaging it??

Many thanks for your help

Amy x x

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
There is constant 12v live in the main power harness. It's the yellow wire on most aftermarket radios and harness adapters. It should definitely be on the big black harness adapter. On the factory harness, quoting the repair manual, it's in the black plug, and it looks like it's the red/white wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts