NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud new owner of a 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S. In getting the car all spiffed up, I ran into the sticky dash areas and many internal plastic parts. Is there a remedy to this. The newer models don't seem to have the problem. Has the material been updated.?

·
Super Moderator
14,725 Posts
What color is your S, and where do you live? :eek:

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Not sure about if the material was changed or not. But several orgers have removed the soft touch coating and either left it as is or painted it. The best remedy would be to either remove it or cover it with a dash cover. I am sure someone that has done it will chime in soon!

And as Dnyed said, you should fill out your profile, it will help us help you! :) Also she is partial to Turbo S's! :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
I used a green kitchen scrub and rubbing alcohol. I then painted mine, but it would have looked fine left black as well.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I didn't want to work as hard as caherbst did. LOL. I just bought a really nice dash cover and it covered up that mess pretty well. On some of the other scratched up interior pieces, I used the plasti-dip spray. It does a decent job if you don't want to scrape it all off and paint. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I am a proud new owner of a 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S. In getting the car all spiffed up, I ran into the sticky dash areas and many internal plastic parts. Is there a remedy to this. The newer models don't seem to have the problem. Has the material been updated.?
Well there are a bunch of posts on removing the soft touch. Takes plenty of elbow grease and a good scotch brite pad and goo b gone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts