VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I recently bought a 2007 NB convertible. It came with a cover for the top (boot?) the outside seems in great shape but the inside is a sticky mess. At first I thought maybe it was wet but i have left it out to dry for several days and it is just a sticky as ever.

1) What could cause this?

2) Is this common?

3) Is the boot salvageable?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
me too

Same here with my 2005 boot. It seems as if the inside of the boot is sprayed with the same stuff on the dash, it has seeped through the fabric and is nasty, sticky. I tried washing it with detergent and simple green, that just made it worse. now the boot is tossed in the corner of the garage. I would not want that stuff messing up my top!

·
Grey Ghost
125 Posts
Sticky substance on VW Components

This is another VW failure at building quality in their cars. Usually heat causes the meltdown. Another area this happens is in the door cards. I live in Texas and my car was pampered but yet at a certain age the interior's glue beaks down and turns a sticky mess. I ended up replacing door cards and dash. My boot, never used and stored in climate control, is perfect. I ranted and complained to no avail at VW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts