NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Loving the updated website!
I am having a absolute nightmare with my drivers side electric window. I know it's a problem a lot of people have had where its gets to a certain point when trying to close, where it just shoots open again. I'm pretty sure it is just a dryness problem as when it has a squirt of WD40 or it rains then it works fine. Can ahyone recommend a good product to use that is better than WD40 as that just evaporates after a while. Really appreciate any ideas as it driving me bonkers!!!!!

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Shellij said:
Hi All

Loving the updated website!
I am having a absolute nightmare with my drivers side electric window. I know it's a problem a lot of people have had where its gets to a certain point when trying to close, where it just shoots open again. I'm pretty sure it is just a dryness problem as when it has a squirt of WD40 or it rains then it works fine. Can ahyone recommend a good product to use that is better than WD40 as that just evaporates after a while. Really appreciate any ideas as it driving me bonkers!!!!!
Actually it is a two part problem. The window needs to be re-adjusted in the power window redulator. It also needs the slots where the window travels up and down in lubricated with this magic stuff that VW uses. Its like a silicone powder that is appied to the inner surfaces of all the channels that the windows use for up and down travel. WD-40 can be used but bevery carefull applying as it is hard to get it into the right spots and not all over the place. JK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts