NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Great advice from all. Thank you. Next big ticket item. I dropped the oils pan and found a bunch of plastic and metal in the pan and pick up screen. This was from the detonated turbo and the worn out cam chain tensioner guides. I have sense replaced tthem both and have cleaned out the pan and pickup screen. Now I'm still getting the blinking oil light when I rev the engine. Any thoughts? I checked the limp when I was in their, checked the main bearings and everything visually looked intact and in good condition. Perhaps the oils pressure sensor?

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Did you test the oil pressure with a test kit/gauge; you won't know for proof positive, what is actually going on, in real life, until you can confirm it.

There are other possibilities; we can test and discuss about, after the oil pressure test is done and you report back the results.

You can get a oil pressure test kit for most auto parts stores through their free tool rental program or buy one as well.

I linked the service manual oil pressure testing procedures and specs before; above, in a previous post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update: I replaced the MAF Sensor and it has no more codes. The only thing left if that oil light blinking when I rev it up. I will keep you posted in the results of the oil pressure test. I went ahead and got a new oil pressure sensor so I will replace it forbut good measure. Might need ato new oil pump but not sure yet. Progress is being made though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok. I'm dumb. The oil pressure sensor was disconnected. I reconnected it and BAM!!!!! All is well with the bug. Thanks for all of the help. I'm gonna take her for a test run today and see if anything is acting funny but I think I just about have her licked.

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Huh, interesting, let us know; if the oil pressure warning light comes back on. Since it is a older vehicle with the 1.8T (especially because of the debris left over from the failures of the turbo and chain tensioner/guides, other things clogging your pickup tube), you should go ahead and do a oil pressure test anyway just to make sure things are OK and in spec. After all the $ spent; you don't want to ruin your new turbo or blow up your engine! :)Thanks, from low oil pressure

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Will do. I have to get an oil pressure tester from harbor freight. Apparent they don't rent then at the local advanced auto parts. I will keep you posted.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts