NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, ive got a bit of an issue with my window which ive not really found anything about so far. So it goes down perfectly normal but when I go to close it, I will hold down the button, it will go up about half way, then start to go down again but slowly (while im still hold up). It will only go so far, so I let go of the button and then press again and it will start going up again but seems to struggle and normally have to assist it to get all he way up again. Im ready to get the doors cards off and have a look but if anyones seen this before any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11,915 Posts
The door regulator; is probably in the process of failing or there is a obstruction or something is binding, which is kicking on the pinch protection and that is why, it goes back down.

You can remove the window from the regulator and then move it in the track and see if it binds in any way. Then take a look at the regulator; for any damage or wear. Right before a regulator totally fails; the window, will struggle to go up/down, then eventually the cables will come off and get wound up in the pulleys.

You can get a repair kit from Volkswagen (at your local vw dealers parts dept or online); that comes with everything needed to rebuild the regulator and that is the most cost effective and durable solution. Installing the kits; takes some time and it can be a bit of a challenge, to the cable on the old pulley but it can be done. :)

http://newbeetle.org/forums/questions-issues-concerns-problems-new-beetle/109049-window-regualtro-door-lock-diy.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts