NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 GLS, and it seems when the engine is warm (After driving for a while), I'll get a strange resonanace from the driver's side while accelerating. Almost like the airbox is vibrating, or there is something else making the noise. It only happens when the vehicle is warm. It also tends to get louder the more I open the throttle. Now, I did notice that my airbox mounts are broken, so it could be that, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem...

Thanks!

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
TeddyTiger said:
I have a 1999 GLS, and it seems when the engine is warm (After driving for a while), I'll get a strange resonanace from the driver's side while accelerating. Almost like the airbox is vibrating, or there is something else making the noise. It only happens when the vehicle is warm. It also tends to get louder the more I open the throttle. Now, I did notice that my airbox mounts are broken, so it could be that, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem...

Thanks!
The heat shield could be cracked. I noticed that when mine was cracked that the noise was more noticeable after I drove for a little while.
:dunno:

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
TeddyTiger said:
The heat sheild for the Cat, or Muffler, or where, if I may ask?
if its coming from closer to the front i would prob say the cat..but i cant say for sure. My dealer replaced mine and never really said which one it was.
Sorry I couldnt be of more help..I'm just a dumb girl! lol :curtsey:

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Very well COULD BE that airbox bangin' around in there... the high the revs the more air you're suckin' through it and the more turbulance you're going to have....

Tighten it down; or ... go ghetto to test it and jam a rag or 3 in there to keep it from moving. But make sure it's TIGHT, don't want them to come loose in your engine bay especially while revin'... might wanna test it in Neutral before you pull out as well.

noR

·
Registered
64 Posts
noR said:
Very well COULD BE that airbox bangin' around in there... the high the revs the more air you're suckin' through it and the more turbulance you're going to have....

Tighten it down; or ... go ghetto to test it and jam a rag or 3 in there to keep it from moving. But make sure it's TIGHT, don't want them to come loose in your engine bay especially while revin'... might wanna test it in Neutral before you pull out as well.

noR
This sounds like the same noise I'm having with my 1999 NB. I'm a dumb girl too so could you be more simplistic in your explanation of what to do about it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
TeddyTiger said:

Thanks!
This sounds like the same noise I'm having with my 1999 NB - did you find out what was causing it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts