NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far... a Honda Metropolatin II scooter! (also a sofa on the roof, a twin bed with frame, a cabinet-like decore thing and an in-box futon with matress.. oh and one time I folded a queen matress over and had a friend of mine lay ontop of it while we transported it home -- that's legal in NC as rear passengers are not required to wear seatbelts)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also.. this is the first photo that (kind of) shows off Charlie's new retro oval window!

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Mazzzja said:
Weren't you afraid of any oil or gasoline leaking out?
Loooove the retro scooter btw
I think it's an electric scooter, right??

I fit an entire lawnmower in my trunk with all the parts and fully assembled. :)

Does my ex count? She's pretty strange, and it would count as hauling.;)

·
258 Posts
I hauled my 29 Gal aquarium and stand in the back plus 50 lbs of gravel DONT try it took us about 30 min to get it in and about 45 to get it all out without scratching the aquarium, stand or Stinkbug

·
ProRally Champ
171 Posts
No doubt

The strangest thing I've hauled in the StudBug is Alcan Winter Rally Champion navigator, Kala Rounds at SNO*DRIFT last January! :D And she'd probably be pissed if I didn't say so ...

Kala's a truly unique individual and a great codriver!

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
I hate that I don't have pics, but I loaded 800 lbs of bagged topsoil in the beetle and hauled it 15 miles home... talk about slammed :)

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
I havent hauled anything strange, besides myself in Skittle. I have a feeling it wont be long before she's loaded to the roof though...I'm hoping anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mazzzja said:
Weren't you afraid of any oil or gasoline leaking out?
Loooove the retro scooter btw
FineExampl said:
I think it's an electric scooter, right??

FineExampl said:
Foxie dear...you HAVE to show some pictures of the oval window!! I have been dying to see how one looks on a real world car! Please show some closed lid shots ASAP! :D

WNAB911 said:
Oh by the way ... this is my new Oval window! Post some pics! Who cares about the scooter! :rolleyes:
Mazz - The scooter damaged only front-end parts, I've had a few Honda ATVs in the past and unlike my VWs they are pretty good about not leaking oil. It did cause the fuel to shift (all 1 gallon of it) and it took a while for the engine to start back up.

FineExampl - nope, it's a capped at 35Mph gas engine, it gets like 50MPG or there about.

I haven't posted a pic thread on the new server.. I'll start with oval window camera phone pics.. I'll wait till it gets above 35 before I go to do it (around lunch). Check back soon.

Also, Fine, you're gonna LOVE how it looks. I've seen it on a red, white, black (couldn't really see it, sadly, with her tinted windows) and now my green Bug!

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
There is a dark blue/purple one near here with the oval window.
I bet Charlie looks awesome!
I have hauled, me with 3 teenage girls with 3 full bookbags, 4 purses, and 2 guitars in cases at once.
Have hauled a maine coone (in a box for a while then on the dash), a lop eared bunny, horse feed, parakeet, bass fishing rods (from windshield to the back). Nothing superlarge though.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dottydeb said:
There is a dark blue/purple one near here with the oval window.
I bet Charlie looks awesome!
I have hauled, me with 3 teenage girls with 3 full bookbags, 4 purses, and 2 guitars in cases at once.
Have hauled a maine coone (in a box for a while then on the dash), a lop eared bunny, horse feed, parakeet, bass fishing rods (from windshield to the back). Nothing superlarge though.
I want to haul a maine coone!! I saw a calico maine coone at a breeder's in Henderson, such a pretty and rare kitty!

The kids + bags + guitars + purses ... yeow.. that's a bugfull!! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts