VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but we still have so much work to do! The last owner really didn't look after it well. She spilt all sorts of drinks and foods everywhere (even found sweets in-between the hood and the back seat panels). All little things snapped plastics (internally) and never cleaning out the pollen filter.

We're getting there. The engine seems sound. Lots of little things to sort. Windows don't align properly and the consoles don't line up.

Her first car and she's in love with it though!

It's getting there. Washed out all the seats and carpet. Replaced lots of missing and broken bits. Fully serviced it including new auto fluid and filters.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Good job I appreciate when someone can and will take care of a car. I’ve owned mine for almost 10 years and I still find dog hair behind panels that I remove to fix something. Stripping it down is a great idea, it looks to be in great shape.

·
Registered
970 Posts
...but we still have so much work to do! The last owner really didn't look after it well. She spilt all sorts of drinks and foods everywhere (even found sweets in-between the hood and the back seat panels). All little things snapped plastics (internally) and never cleaning out the pollen filter.

We're getting there. The engine seems sound. Lots of little things to sort. Windows don't align properly and the consoles don't line up.

Her first car and she's in love with it though! View attachment 252002 View attachment 252003 View attachment 252004 View attachment 252005 View attachment 252006

It's getting there. Washed out all the seats and carpet. Replaced lots of missing and broken bits. Fully serviced it including new auto fluid and filters.
And you’ll know the car inside and out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good job I appreciate when someone can and will take care of a car. I’ve owned mine for almost 10 years and I still find dog hair behind panels that I remove to fix something. Stripping it down is a great idea, it looks to be in great shape.
Lol yep there's LOTS of dog hair still too. It's taken a heck of a lot of freshener and carpet cleaner to get rid of the smell of wet dog 🤣

I think there's a lot of her hair too 🙈

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And you’ll know the car inside and out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still have lots to learn about the NBs. Still having plenty of "I should've done.." moments.

The girlfriend is getting stuck in too. She helped rebuild the rear window regulator. She was well chuffed with managing to get the cord wound up and fitted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where did you source the rear window regulators? I'm getting ready to do the same job on the wife's 2009 VW. And hers didn't have a cabin filter as it was a transition model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Where did you source the rear window regulators? I'm getting ready to do the same job on the wife's 2009 VW. And hers didn't have a cabin filter as it was a transition model.
I bought a kit from Amazon. I think it was only £12. The left side isn't showing anymore on Amazon, but the right side is only £9. That's for the cable and nylon pulleys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts