VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My knucklehead mechanic didn't see the box of brand new parts right next to the struts when he replaced them for me yesterday. So now I have new struts on old parts. Instead of paying for two hours of additional labor to switch out the old stuff for new, I left it the way it is. He assured me the old stuff was in good shape.
I have:
Front Strut Mounts
Front Strut Bearings
Front Strut Bump Stops
Front Strut Dust Boots
Front Suspension Strut Hardware Kit
The first $50 takes it. I'll let you know how much shipping is once I know where you live.
Thanks and I apologize if I posted this incorrectly.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
Where do you live? Your user profile (the info we see in the upper right hand corner of your posts) is your friend :) You might have a seller near by.

Also, by the looks of things, you have a new beetle that you're keeping in good working order. I hope you'll continue to post here. We love pics and reading about your beetle adventures, so stick around:wave2:

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
I would highly recommend you take it back to your mechanic and ask him to put the new parts on. Things like the bump stops and the bushing get worn. They are rubber. The bump stops especially, they pancake and don't offer as much support to your struts as new ones would. And if you replaced the struts, more than likely those items are worn, maybe not to the point of needing replacement, but they will within probably 20k miles. And then you got to pay for labor all over again. If you go back now, you can argue that he didn't do the job right in the first place. You should not have to pay more labor because of his mistake. Especially if it's a shop, but even if it's not a shop, he is giving you a subpar repair and I wouldn't allow it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price shipped to 72210 please. I have paypal but would rather send you a check if I could.

I have a 2006 nb tdi and the suspension is shot...bounces like a ball. I bought it for my girlfriend so I have to fix it. What else will I need?

Thanks
ct

1 - 4 of 4 Posts