NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a frustration I'm venting --

I had to jump the car the other day, and afterwards my airbag light went on. I went and got it looked at today, and all they had to do was clear the codes. Reset the light. Whatever. Easy stuff. That crap cost me $98! To clear a code?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
GINA,

head to tdiclub.com and use the VAG COM locator. iirc there is a user named car54 who is near DC and excellent with VAG COM and I am sure he would be happy to help you out with your CEL/airbag light next time... will save you almost all of that $98. He might charge a small fee (6 pack?), but it will be WAY less than what any dealer will charge.

sorry, you had to learn this lesson the hard ($$$) way

Aaron

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
GINA said:
Just a frustration I'm venting --

I had to jump the car the other day, and afterwards my airbag light went on. I went and got it looked at today, and all they had to do was clear the codes. Reset the light. Whatever. Easy stuff. That crap cost me $98! To clear a code?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

So wait. There was something important enough to trigger a Code and turn on the airbag light. So they clear the code to reset the light... and THAT'S IT?! Um... what caused the code? Why are they going to charge you WHEN THEY DIDN'T FIX THE PROBLEM.

Keep the receipt; and refuse to pay next time that light pops back on; because you already paid them, and they really didn't do a damn thing.

"Hey doctor it hurts when I bend my knee."

-doctor straightens out leg, and applies a splint.
"That'll be $98 please."

"Gee thanks, when can I remove the splint?"

"You can't, if you do, your knee might bend & it hurts when it bends."
That would be more indepth than resetting a code.

Sorry to hear it Gina; you might want to invest in a vag-com. Then you can perform your VW service departments patented diag & repair efforts with a few mouse clicks.

n/m, I should have read Aaron's post more carefully before posting. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts