VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have two 6.5 subs in the back of my Turbo S. I want to better anchor them down but I do not want to use anything that will leave any marks, holes, etc. I was thinking about putting a small magnet plate or two behind the carpet and mounting one or two on the back of the speaker boxes. My question is can this potentially damage the speaker or interfere with the way it works, given that that there is a big magnet on the back already?

Thanks,
Chef

Attachments

·
C-Dub
39 Posts
Velcro works great. I've used it to hold down my Phatnoise.

·
Registered
35 Posts
In the past I have used bungee cords, just wrap it around the front of the sub box then place the hook in the rings that hold the back seats. Doesn't interfere with the back seats at all and it's very easy/fast to take the subs in and out

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
i would use snaps on the back/ velcro is good but it tends to peel off during the hot months.

check this article out:

VWVortex.com - Sub in suitcase

-jd

·
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried Velcro- the really heavy duty stuff. The problem was that while one side stuck to the speaker box just fine, the other side wouldn't adhere to the carpet. I tried a couple of different types and neither of them would cling well to the carpet. I have magnets behind the carpet and a metal plate on the back of each speaker box, and so far it is holding up - then again I haven't really put BeetleJuice through any hard corners lately. That is when the real test will come.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
then again I haven't really put BeetleJuice through any hard corners lately. That is when the real test will come.
68 days till T.o.D. "Six for Six"....and no flat tires.

·
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed - a classic case of Murphy's Law in action. But as much as I hated that it happened, I am glad I got it and no one else did, taking one for the NB team is a good way to go out if you gotta go out!

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
What's the chance of you hanging out with us again this year ? I was kind mad I didn't get any time to check ur car out last year.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts